Open House Information
Mission & Vision
As a school community, we strive to bring every child an academically rigorous curricula that meets and exceeds national, state, and city standards—while simultaneously nurturing student potential in a caring, engaging, and safe environment. Through this, we will prepare our students with the necessary academic, technical, and social skills to better serve our nation and the world in the 21st century.
Get to Know Our Principal!
Principal Ferron was born and raised in the Bronx, having served our community for over 20 years as an educator.
After receiving his Bachelor and Master Degrees from St. John's University, Mr. Ferron began his career teaching History before transitioning to serving as a school administrator, a role he has held for the past 16 years.
Having joined PPA in 2016, Mr. Ferron brought with him a style of leadership and educational approach that promotes student voice in a culture wherein our standards of learning prepare all learners to be college and career ready.
Why Pelham Prep?
At PPA, we are proud to offer numerous opportunities for your child, including:
- Personalized Learning Environment
- Computer Lab/Wireless Internet
- Individualized College Planning
- Partnership with College For Every Student (CFES)
- Early College Awareness
- Advanced Placement Classes
- National and Spanish Honor Society
- Academic Tutoring/Homework Help
- Concert Band, Jazz Band, Pep Band
- CFES Mentor Program
- Competitive Sports Teams
- SAT/PSAT Classes
- Community Service Opportunities
- "College Now" Classes at Lehman College
- Gear-Up College Awareness