All students must enter the school building through scanning. All banned items will be confiscated. See below for list of items.
- There are separate entrances for boys and girls
- Students must be dressed appropriately. Pelham Prep encourages. See below for dress code.
- Students must have books and supplies in order to enter the building.
- All students must be at the entrance of the school at least 20 minutes prior to the start of his/her class in order to avoid being late to class
CAMPUS RULES FOR DRESS AND BANNED ITEMS
- Dress Code
While our students to not have uniforms, we highly suggest that they purchase the polo shirts available to you. Wearing the PPA shirts helps us to identify our students on the campus, fosters a better learning environment and promotes discipline in the students. Order forms will be distributed at the beginning of the year and after the February break. Students are expected to dress for the "school/work" environment. This means:
- NO hats, doo rags, hoods or other head coverings worn in the school buidling for any reason.
- NO shirts that expose cleavage or mid-section
- NO undershirts to be worn as outer clothing.
- NO extra long tee shirts
- NO tee shirts with pictures or words that offend.
- NO pants with extra long inseams.
- NO pants that fall off the waist, exposing underclothing.
- NO beach snadals or other shoes not meant for outside wear.
- Tank tops must have a strap at least one inch thick.
- Skirts, Shorts - May not be more than 2 inches above the knee.
- Any student who does not follow the above will be directed to an administrative office to receive an appropriate substitute for the day and failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
- NO electronic equipment of any kind is permitted in the building. This includes but is not limited to:
iPods/MPS's Laser Beams
CD Players Cameras
All items will be confiscated by school staff. They will not be returned until the end of the term.
Classes begin at the bell
- Students are expected to enter the class before the late bell and take their assigned seats.
- Bring a loose leaf binder DAILY with all sections defined by labeled dividers and a two pocket folder for each class.
- Have assigned homework out and ready to be checked.
- Books must be opened and student should be prepared to work.
- Bring any assigned text books.
- Bring your daily planner to school every day.
The official pass must be used when students leave a room for any reason.
- Students must sign the log book when using the pass.
- Passes may not be used the first and last ten (10) minutes of the period.
- Students found in the hall without a pass may receive detention.
- Students may not use the pass every day unless they have a documented medical reason.
Students must keep a copy of the class contracts in his/her notebook as the first page of the section
ID Cards and Programs
- Students must have his/her ID card and program with them at all times.
- Every adult is to be shown respect. There are 8 different schools in the building and each Principal, Assistant Principal, Teacher, Office Staff, etc. from any school, even one you do not attend, can have you suspended for inappropriate behavior.
If a student leaves the building before the end of his/her scheduled day, it is considered cutting. Disciplinary action will follow.
Requests for program changes
- Ask your third period teacher for a program change request form.
- Submit the request form to your guidance counselor.
- Not all requests can be honored.
- Students must follow their program exactly as written. Classes must be attended until a program change is completed and a new program card is received.